Thursday, July 1, 2010

New York City!

I am back from my trip to New York for the National Conference on Volunteering and Service!  My next few posts will recap my trip and the conference.  
 
Jessica Adams (my supervisor) and I took the Amtrak train from Union Station to Penn Station on Sunday morning and arrived in New York at 9:40 am.  We went to the hotel (Hilton New York in Midtown) to drop off our luggage.  Colleen, my former AmeriCorps teammate, met up with us for brunch and we began exploring the city!  Here are some of the places we saw:

Times Square


Rockefeller Center (30 Rock!)

Union Square

Brooklyn Bridge (we walked all the way to Brooklyn!)

Brooklyn Bridge Park


After Colleen and I walked all around the city (in 90 degree weather and flip flops - my feet were killing me!), we had a quiet dinner at a small Italian place called Tre.  It was so nice to catch up on life with Colleen - it had been WAY too long!  Such a fun NYC day!

No comments:

Post a Comment